776 N.E.2d 496Supreme Court of Ohio.
Case Announcements and Administrative Actions October 9, 2002
1. Proposed amendments to DR 2-101 (Publicity), DR 2-102 (Professional Notices, Letterheads, and Offices), DR 2-107 (Division of Fees Among Lawyers), DR 2-108 (Agreements Restricting the Practice of a Lawyer), DR 2-110 (Withdrawal from Employment), DR 2-111 (Sale of Law Practice), E.C. 3-8, DR 3-102 (Dividing Legal Fees with a Nonlawyer), E.C. 4-6, E.C. 6-6, DR 6-102 (Limiting Liability to Client), and DR 9-102 (Preserving Identity of Funds and Property of a Client) will be published for public comment.
2. Amendments to Sup.R. 52(L), 57(G), 59(B), 60(C), 78(B), and (C), and Standard Probate Forms 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 4.0, 4.4, 6.0, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.5, 10.4A (eliminated), 13.0, 13.3, 13.8, 13.9, and 13.10 were adopted, effective December 1, 2002.
3. Proposed amendments to Sup.R. 20 (Appointment of Counsel for Indigent Defendants in Capital Cases; Programs for Specialized Training; Standards for Retention of Rule 20 Certification) will be published for public comment.
4. Michael P. Morrison was reappointed to the Board of Bar Examiners.
5. Suzanne K. Richards was reappointed to the Board of Commissioners on Character and Fitness. Alvarene N. Owens was appointed to the board.
6. Judge W. Richard Walton was reappointed to the Commission on Continuing Legal Education.
7. Judge Thomas F. Bryant, Richard C. Alkire, and Nancy K. Moore were reappointed to the Board of Commissioners on Grievances and Discipline of the Supreme Court.
8. Donald K. Pond was reappointed to the Ohio Public Defender Commission.
9. Herbert R. McTaggart, Anthony J. Mangoni, and Prof. Wilson Huhn were appointed to the Commission on Legal Education Opportunity.